Conference: Latest developments in healthcare
Bloom Burton is hosting its third annual Healthcare Investor Conference on June 17 and 18, 2014, at the Toronto Board of Trade, 1 First Canadian Place, Toronto. On June 17, we will host our Pre-Venture Symposium to showcase Canada’s most promising pre-venture companies in the healthcare sector; Our marquee event on June 18 will present Canada’s premier publicly-traded and venture-backed private companies. The event will attract Canadian, U.S. and European investors who are interested in the latest developments in Canadian healthcare companies. Attendees will have the opportunity to obtain corporate updates from Canadian public and private companies. Institutional investors will be able to schedule private 1-on-1 meetings with companies.
Bloom Burton & Co. Pre-Venture Symposium (June 17)
Moderator: Jolyon Burton, Bloom Burton & Co.
Panelists: Karen Atkinson, Ernst & Young LLP
Panelists: Harry Chana, BDO Canada
Panelists: Philippe Leclerc, McCarthy Testrault LLP
Panelists: Tom Rose, Troutman Sanders LLP
Panelists: Sonia Yung, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Moderator: Brian Bloom, Bloom Burton & Co.
Panelists: Vikas Goyal, SR One
Panelists: Scott Requadt, Clarus Ventures
Panelists: Lloyd Segal, Persistence Capital Partners
Panelists: Scott Weiner, Pappas Ventures
Moderator: Armand Balboni, Bloom Burton & Co.
Panelists: Christian Hardo, Genentech
Panelists: Michael Martin, Takeda Pharmaceutical
Panelists: Stephen Xanthoudakis, Merck Canada
255 Bremner Blvd., Toronto
Bloom Burton & Co. Healthcare Investor Conference (June 18)
Speaker: Jolyon Burton, CEO & Head of Investment Banking, Bloom Burton & Co.
Speaker: Avik S. A. Roy, Managing Partner, Roy Healthcare Research
Moderator: Brian Bloom, President & Head of Institutional Sales, Bloom Burton & Co.
Panelists: Ali Alagheband, Ballast Healthcare Partners
Panelists: Aaron Davidson, HIG BioVentures
Panelists: Jason Donville, Donville Kent Asset Management
Panelists: David Sable, Special Situations Fund
The following healthcare companies will provide 30-minute corporate presentations, and be available for private 1×1 meetings with institutional investors.
- Æterna Zentaris
- Agility Health
- Antibe Therapeutics
- Aquinox Pharmaceuticals
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals
- BELLUS Health
- Bioniche Life Sciences
- Cardiome Pharma
- Centric Health
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals
- Concordia Healthcare
- CRH Medical
- ESSA Pharma
- Knight Therapeutics
- Lorus Therapeutics
- Merus Labs
- Novadaq Technologies
- Nuvo Research
- Oncolytics Biotech
- Paladin Labs
- Patient Home Monitoring
- ProMetic Life Sciences
- Response Biomedical
- Sophiris Bio
- STI Technologies
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals
- Transition Therapeutics
- Tribute Pharmaceuticals
- Trillium Therapeutics
- Trimel Pharmaceuticals
Pre-Venture Symposium Presenting Companies
- The conference is free of charge to professional investors, presenting companies, sponsors and media.
- For individual registrants the cost to register is $500 (includes HST).
- For individual registrants from a Not-for-profit Institution the cost to register is $250 (includes HST).
- The symposium is free of charge to Healthcare Investor Conference ticket holders.
- The symposium is free of charge to professional investors, presenting companies, sponsors and media.
- For individual registrants the cost to register is $25 (includes HST).
Registration has closed for these events
- Same day registrations will not be accepted.
- We are not accepting registration from sell-side individuals.
- We encourage individuals to register early as last year we reached capacity well in advance of the conference date.
- Registration to the Bloom Burton & Co. Symposium only does not include access to the Bloom Burton & Co. Healthcare Investor Conference. These conferences are separate events.
Cancellation Policy Notification of cancellation must be received on or before June 11, 2014; no reimbursement will apply after this date. If you wish to cancel your registration, please send notification to email@example.com.
Conference location Toronto Board of Trade 1 First Canadian Place (Corner of Bay and Adelaide) Toronto, ON M5X 1C1 Tel: 416-366-6811 Access by airport
- Lester B. Pearson Airport – 30 minute drive (45 minutes in peak traffic) to downtown Toronto
- Billy Bishop Airport – Arrives at Toronto Island, 10 minute drive (20 minutes in peak traffic) to downtown Toronto
Map of First Canadian Place
Map of downtown Toronto