Bloom Burton Securities Inc. (“Bloom Burton”) is an IIROC regulated investment banking firm dedicated to serving both investors and issuer companies in the healthcare sector. Bloom Burton has an experienced team of medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, legal and capital markets professionals who perform a deep level of diligence, which combined with a creative and entrepreneurial approach, assists our clients in reaching their appropriate monetization events. Bloom Burton and its affiliates provide capital raising, M&A advisory, equity research, business and scientific consulting services, direct investing and company formation and incubation services.
The full-time accounting clerk position reports directly to the Accounting Analyst. The responsibilities and qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable, the general ledger, and fixed assets including:
- Preparing asset and liability account entries;
- Deposit and send payments while validating the appropriate documentation;
- Prepare depreciation schedules for fixed assets, as well as calculate and maintain prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and deferred taxes;
- Analysis of financial statements and trial balances for subsidiary companies;
- Process and reconcile bank accounts and intercompany transactions;
- Calculate monthly GST/HST and prepare the remittance form;
- Prepare and enter employee expense reimbursements;
- Prepare weekly/monthly documents as requested by the accounting analyst or CFO;
- Monitor and track investments, and record monthly gains/losses using the appropriate accounting treatment;
- Monitor and track expenses incurred for various Bloom Burton events;
- Abide by the internal control procedures to ensure financial security.
- Post-Secondary degree in Accounting or related experience;
- Seeking to obtain the CPA designation is considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- High level of organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
We sincerely thank you for your interest in the position. Only those under consideration will be contacted.