About Bloom Burton & Co.
Bloom Burton Securities Inc. is an investment bank dedicated to accelerating monetization for both investors and companies alike in the healthcare sector. Bloom Burton has an experienced team of medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, legal and capital markets professionals who perform a deep level of diligence, which combined with our creative and entrepreneurial approach, assists our clients in reaching the appropriate monetization events. Bloom Burton works with institutional investors looking to invest in the healthcare sector and with healthcare companies and organizations of all sizes and stages of development that are seeking advice or capital. Our range of services includes capital raising, M&A advisory, sales and trading, equity research, business strategy and product development consulting, as well as biotechnology and healthcare company creation and incubation.
Bloom Burton is seeking a contract scientific consultant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for our industry consulting and investment banking practice. Consulting will be performed on a flexible part-time basis on- and off-site, working closely with the investment banking team. The scientist will review scientific and clinical data, synthesize key concepts in emerging science and technology, and combine business acumen and clinical expertise to serve clients in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Start date is negotiable, but the position is available immediately.
- Sourcing, review, and management of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial/sales, patent, financial and other data pertaining to the life science and healthcare industry;
- Preparation of written summaries and information resources;
- Preparation of initial drafts of client presentations for review by senior staff;
- Communication and interaction with internal senior staff and outside industry groups such as senior management and key opinion leaders.
- Post-graduate degree in life sciences or medical sciences with upper quartile academic standing, PhD preferred;
- Familiarity with the commercial biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry, work experience in healthcare, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry preferred;
- Strong ability to approach new areas of science, learn key concepts, and synthesize ideas;
- Interest in the investment banking industry/capital markets;
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective time management skills to facilitate the timely completion of projects;
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams;
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 30th, 2019.
Only those under consideration will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We do not accept agency introductions or phone calls.